Most realtors offer a gift to their buyers or sellers when they close on a home with them. Giving away a bottle of wine or gift card to their favorite restaurant can get boring and not feel very personal. These gifts are not only are a nice gesture but depending on the gift it can be a constant reminder of the agent so the home buyer or seller will think of you in the future when they buy or sell again. Here is a list of some ideas I have gathered from agents that were interesting and creative.
- Custom print framed of their home – have a real estate photographer to shoot their new home and then choose one of the nicest photos of the exterior (like a drone shot) and have this print framed.
- Monogrammed door mat – every time the owner walks into or out of their home they will think of you when they see this mat.
- DIY Gift Basket – this is a great gift for the first time home buyer. Include some basic tools (screwdriver, hammer, etc) with a how to fix it book, and a gift card to Home Depot or Lowes (or any nearby home improvement store).
- Family photo shoot – what better way to recognize the importance of family in their new home then providing them with a gift certificate to get a family photo shoot done together.
- Picture frame with key inside – Find a small picture frame and put the key to their new home inside. You can also add a piece of paper in the background with the closing date and address.
- Pizza Party – Moving day is always exhausting. Find out when they are planning to be at their new house on moving day and surprise them with a pizza party or some other catering for everyone helping to move!
- Outdoor fire pit – When all of the moving has settled down what better way to relax than having an outdoor fire pit.
- Braided money tree – These trees represent luck which the new homeowner will likely appreciate. And who doesn’t want a money tree?
- Massage gift certificate – Moving takes a toll on your body. Provide the new home owners with a massage gift certificate to rejuvenate themselves once the moving process is over!
- Custom painting of their new home – What a great way to remember their new home than with a custom painting of it. This is a long lasting picture they can take with them wherever they go. This is especially nice for a first time home buyer.
Those are all of my closing gift ideas. I have one other idea I came across that I really liked but isn’t a closing gift idea. The day after Christmas when everything is on sale go and pick up some ornaments that look like houses. Then next year visit all of the buyers that closed with you throughout the year and drop off an ornament with your name and number on the back of it. That is a reminder forever of the closing with you and gives you a chance to reconnect with them.